Acorn squash is amazing with lime! This recipe is hands down my favorite for acorn squash! Not showing in this picture is cilantro, but it is a delicious ingredient for this dish!
Ingredients for roasted squash:
- 1 acorn squash, washed, cut in half, seeded, then cut into slices
- 1-2 TBLS olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon or so of salt
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Lime Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Juice of half a lime-about 1 TBLS of fresh lime juice, use less if it is bottled lime juice
- 2 TBLS olive oil
- 1 TBLS chopped fresh cilantro
- Option: 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- Option: 1 jalapeno or other chili pepper seeded and diced
Preheat oven to 450° F or 400°F convection.
Put the acorn squash slices into a medium-sized bowl, and evenly coat the slices with olive oil and salt. Place the slices on a cookie sheet (option to line it with parchment paper). Roast the squash for about 30 minutes, on a lower oven rack. You may need to flip the slices halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
To make the lime vinaigrette dressing, put all the ingredients into a small jar with a lid, and shake it well. When the squash is done cooking, place it on a platter. Drizzle the lime vinaigrette dressing over the squash slices.