I lived in Italy for two years. The best broccoli dish I ever had was dripping with a mix of butter and olive oil, had a hint of lemon, was loaded with chunks of slightly browned and crunchy garlic, and finished off with shaved parmesan. Serving your vegetables with butter or oil helps the absorption of Vitamin K, an essential nutrient for healthy joints and a healthy cardiovascular system.
- 2 bunches of Broccoli or Broccolini, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced or thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil, butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- Fresh Lemon-about 1/4 lemon to squeeze on top
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Optional Delicious Additions: Pine nuts, lightly roasted in the pan and removed before cooking the broccoli, and parmesan shavings to go on top.
Directions: Heat the oil in a medium or large sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute, stirring well, until slightly browned. Add the broccoli to the pan, and saute for about 3-5 minutes so it is brightly colored and still a bit crunchy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the lemon on top. At this point, you can add pine nuts or parmesan shavings. Enjoy!!