This salad is my "go-to" salad for spring and summer. So many variations can be made.
The Basic Ingredients to Build This Salad:
- Light blend of lettuce such as mesclun salad mix
- Your choice of sliced fruit: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pears, apples
- Optional Cheese: Goat cheese or feta cheese
- Dairy Free Option: Add avocado chunks instead of cheese
- Nut variety of your choice: Toasted walnuts, pistachios, pecans, macadamia nuts
Light Vinaigrette Dressing Proportions:
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw, unfiltered honey (use just one tablespoon if you like it less sweet, or leave
- out the honey altogether)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
Put all the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Pour the dressing ingredients into a small jar with a lid and shake well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss the salad well right before serving.
To lightly toast nuts: spread the nuts out on a cookie sheet. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Toast the nuts in the oven for about 15 minutes. You can keep the toasted nuts in the freezer and use them as needed for salads.
Option: Top the salad with a protein such as shrimp, fish, tofu, or chicken.
Suggestions: Serve it with that gluten free bread you just made. Enjoy!!